How do sales people become successful and remain competitive in today’s global world of commerce? In a word: Technology. A slew of business software and digital sales tools have invaded the market in the post-millennium era, effectively revolutionizing the way in which people exchange goods and services and the way in which savvy salespeople go about their business.
On the table are fully automated systems which are compatible with multiple operating systems and mobile devices and which: store customer information; track customers’ buying preferences (allowing sales agents to create personalized marketing strategies catering to customers’ wants and needs); conduct the entire sales process from the palm of the hand (including secure online payment); update and manage the full inventory of stock. Furthermore, web-based sales tools can be used to design cutting-edge sales presentations on the road and to create state-of-the-art online product galleries showcasing merchandise in the best light via the use of images, text, audio, video, and more.
So what’s on the menu when you go shopping for sales software these days? Independent of the nature of your business, here are some of the most common and recommended sales tools worth investing in:
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software: Everybody knows that a happy customer makes a successful business, regardless of what goods or services you are offering. To ensure that your browsers become buyers and that first-time customers keep coming back for more, take advantage of CRM solutions, which allow you to:
- Engage with your customers anywhere, anytime, and via multiple devices
- Access customer information on demand, including personal details, credit card information, interaction and transaction histories, and more
- Identify customer interests and needs and provide for those needs
- Improve your marketing strategies
- Gain a competitive edge by providing a personalized customer experience
- Delight your customers and build lasting business relationships
Sales Rep (Order Management) Software: Allowing you to conduct the entire sales process in real time and from your handheld device or laptop, sales rep software is the must-have mobile sales tool for both field sales reps and their managers. The technology is designed to streamline and significantly increase the effectiveness of your business. With sale rep software at your fingertips, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Online access to all sales information at anytime and from anywhere
- Conduct the entire sales process via the Internet, including managing orders, invoices, and payments online
- Share real-time data with distributors and manufacturers
- Access accurate sales figures on demand
- Ability to communicate with and direct sales reps from one central location
- Ability to monitor field sales agents’ performances
- Access, manage, and update your full inventory online
Other popular types of sales management software include:
- Lead Generation Software
- Auto Dialing Software
- Point of Sales (POS)
- Software Inventory Management Software
- Wholesale Distribution Software
- Catalog Building (E-Catalog) Software
Finally, Apple’s iPad has been largely touted as “the one device no salesperson should be without.” One of the most popular handheld devices on the market and considered the cream of the crop in digital business technology, there are thousands of free sales apps you can download to your iPad or invest in for a minimal fee. With advanced sales tools by your side you can look forward to enhancing your sales techniques, improving your marketing strategies, and better managing and growing your business.
Thanks to modern-day sales rep tools, it is now easier than ever before for salespersons to secure and enhance customer relationships, to manage their retail operation, to expand into the international arena, and to take their business to the next level.